Are you using more visual content in your social media marketing efforts?
Here are some reasons as to why you should be:
- On average, articles containing relevant images, or infographics, have 94% more total views than those without. (Source)
- Visual content is 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source)
- Facebook posts with images, see 2.3 times more engagement than those without images. (Source)
- Based on a study by Buffer, tweets that included an image, received 150% more retweets than tweets without. (Source)
- Articles that contain an image once every 75-100 words, can double the number of social shares than articles with fewer or no images. (Source)
The fact is, not all businesses can afford to hire a Graphic Designer or Agency, when they are starting out because they just don’t have the budget or luxury to do so.
So, if you have a gap in your company’s design skillset, and are looking for an interim solution, TheDSS has a few stellar recommendations that you can add to your creative tool arsenal.
CANVA was made for non-designers, and allows its users to create content with ease (on the user and the budget!). They offer high-quality images (either FREE or $1 per image), templates, elements, text, backgrounds and the ability to upload your own images.
ADOBE SPARK is a service offered by Adobe that turns your idea into impactful social graphics. They provide templates to be used on all social media platforms when creating posts that require imagery to go along with your content.
FREEPIK is the leading resource for free vector designs which includes PSD’s, icons, and photos. If you need to make your post stand out and sing, or make an impression on your users, this is a great place to get started.
The above suggestions are a great starting platform for anyone to get their feet wet with design tools. If you’re serious about pushing the boundaries for promoting your content, feel free to connect with me and we can discuss how we can help you.